Vegetarian Tin Foil Dinners (makes about four (or three generously sized ones!)
4 tablespoons butter
4 potatoes, washed and thinly sliced
1 cup frozen peas
1 recipe of frozen veggies & chicken from Chickenless Noodle Soup
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
8- 12" pieces of tin foil
- Mix the broth and mushroom soup together to form a gravy.
- For each dinner spray a piece of tin foil with non-stick spray, form to a bowl like shape.
- Put one tablespoon chopped butter in the center of the foil. Top with one potato's worth of potato slices, 1/4 cup of peas, 1 cup of the frozen veggie mixture, and one cup of the gravy.
- Seal up the packet tightly, place in the center of another sheet of tin foil and wrap again, crimping edges if needed.
- Cook in the coals of the campfire for about 30 minutes, remove from coals, unwrap and enjoy!
I'll make sure to bug my hubby about taking a picture of his cooked meal tonight!